Built in 1721, this small Russian Orthodox church has the distinction of being the oldest wooden structure in Tallinn.
It was the first church completed after the Great Northern War in the early 18th century, a conflict that ended with Estonia under tsarist Russian rule.
After the war, Tallinn's suburbs were growing quickly as the town was absorbing more and more Russian immigrants. Along with that growth came the sudden need for more suburban churches such as the Church of Our Lady of Kazan.
Extensive repairs in the 19th century gave the church a neoclassical façade and interior.
The Orthodox congregation that worships here belongs to the Moscow patriarchate.