Thank you for visiting the visittallinn.ee website. In order to offer better user experience, we would very much appreciate your feedback. Please find a moment to answer a few questions. All respondents will participate in a draw for Visit Tallinn prizes.
Your feedback about the usability is very important for us to improve this website.
We hope you have a pleasant experience on VisitTallinn.ee and we're looking forward to welcoming you in the city.
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to the free Tallinn newsletter to get tips about upcoming events,
newly opened attractions, special offers and more!
Taxis can be hailed on the street, ordered on the phone or via the Taxify app (see below). They can also be found queuing up at taxi stands in front of larger hotels and some major intersections.
Rates are not uniform – they are set by the taxi company or operator, and can vary widely. Each taxi's rates are posted on a yellow sticker on the car's right rear window. The cost usually consists of a base fare (starting fare) plus a per-kilometre fare. Above is an example of the typical fare range. If you want to avoid misunderstandings, you can ask the driver to approximate the cost of the trip in advance.
Good to know:
- It is illegal for the driver to smoke or to allow others to smoke in the taxi.
- It is always a good idea to make sure the taxi’s meter is turned on.
- In all registered taxis, a white, plastic operator’s card with the driver’s photo and name is attached to the middle of the dashboard. If you do not see this card, you may be in an unregistered taxi.
- The driver is not allowed to ask for more than what is on the meter.
- The driver must be paid in euros. A few taxis also accept payment by bank card.
- The driver must be able to provide a receipt from the meter’s printer. If the meter or printer is out of order, the driver should not be in service and you have the right to refuse to pay the fare.
To lodge complaints or make suggestions, contact the Tallinn Transport Department’s Taxi Commission by e-mail email@example.com, or by phone +372 640 4619.
is a mobile app that helps you find and order a legally-registered taxi near your location.